1. Choose your favorite bubble bath scent. One of the many perks of setting my own bath is that I can add mixes of different salts to address my body's needs. Sore muscles? Adding a bit of sea salt or Epson salt helps. Dry skin? Add natural oil. Stressed out? Try a calming scent like vanilla or (my personal fav) lavender.
Try: Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Dream Bath in lavender vanilla or my other favorite
Aveeno's Shower and Bath Oil in lavender.
2. Get a great exfoliating loofah. I just got this great exfoliating loofah and it just feels like it really helps scrub away dead skin as well as leaving my skin feeling refreshed.
3. Get a bathtub pillow. Buying one has up the ante on my bath experiences, trust me not having to rest my head on my hard tile or bathtub made it easy to lay back and relax; definitely worth the investment.
5. Turn off the lights, light up the candles. Need I say more? Here are some of my favorite scents.
6. Set the music. Gawd this is starting to sound like the opening to an episode of Melrose Place but come on you can't just can't take a bath without humming along to your favorite tunes. I personally love listening to Michael Buble to get me in the relaxing mood. That or LMFAO of course. Hehe.
Now go and take a soothing bath, trust me honey you deserve it.
*Check these colored bath drops how fun! Pink bubbles? Yes please.
*Why Have Baths Disappeared Down the Plughole? (Daily Telegraph)
*Surprising health benefits of taking a bath; interesting read.